We are selling …
It’s been a year and a half since we started experimenting with campervan living, and we have loved every moment of it, but with this new level of exposure to the on-the-road lifestyle we’ve also had the opportunity to examine our habits and needs more closely. One thing we’ve noticed is that we have a tendency to want to explore the smallest roads, steepest hills, and most unkempt tracks! Freyja has been an absolute trooper and has gotten us in and out of places we didn’t think possible, but we now feel it makes sense for us to downsize a little. So: we are selling our beautiful Freyja.
She is a total wonder! We’ve cared for her well and even given her a few upgrades (such as power steering and off grid power). She is dry as a bone (even in torrential rains with high winds), with no rust in sight (or underneath, for that matter). She’s also cheaper to run than many campers of her size, due to her duel-fuel LPG conversion. She has a brand new MOT (good until April 2018) and we gave her a full service last year, so she’s a healthy and nimble old lady 😉
For anyone interested, here is her bio:
- Fiat Ducato base
- Glendale habitation
- 149,000 miles
- 1971 cc
- Dual fuel (petrol and LPG) – LPG certified
- Power steering
- Manual transmission
- Media player/radio
She has a rare and sought-after layout, with:
- Double bed above cab
- U shaped seating with a fold-down table that converts to another large double bed
- Wet room with shower head, sink, and port-a-loo
- Stove, oven, and grill (gas)
- 3 way fridge (gas/12v/mains)
- Large storage units under, and above, the seating and kitchen areas; plus a wardrobe and slide out cupboard
- Heater (gas)
- Mains hookup
Other awesome points to note:
- Off grid power (solar panels, new 4x leisure battery bank, and 12v sockets in the back)
- Rear view camera (although this one needs fixing)
- Fresh MOT (good till 2018)
- Fits in a regular parking space
That’s Freyja: our off-and-on home, and faithful traveling companion. If you’re interested, check out the gumtree ad here. So, now that we’ve decided to sell, what are we looking for?
We’re on the hunt for …
A van, converted or otherwise.
- Size: something like what’s pictured above, standard height, LWB
- Fuel: LPG or Diesel
- Transmission: manual
- Seats: minimum 3 in the front, ideally with extra in the back
- Rear and side windows: ideally tinted
- Off grid capability: would be a bonus, but definitely not a requirement as we’ve set this up before and have no problem doing it again.
‘No bed? No kitchen? No shower?’ you ask. We’ve loved having these things – throw electricity into the picture and you’re living in downright luxury – but we feel less of a need for them now that we’ve travelled around a bit. We can install a bed and storage units ourselves, are happy to cook on a camping stove – and, well, showers are never too far away …
So that’s it. What we’re selling, and what we’re looking for. Please share this post with anyone you think might be interested in giving Freyja a good home!
We would be willing to part exchange, for the right vehicle.